Join us on Wednesday 23 March, 1 – 3.00pm for the latest in our series of online interactive seminars. For this one, we will be exploring participatory practices in a digital age – how to excite, and include from a distance.
The pandemic presented many new challenges to many organisations, and we had no choice to be responsive. In this seminar, we’ll learn from those whose practises evolved, and discovered innovative and exciting new ways to engage with audiences and participants – and we’ll hear how they managed to keep their values at the heart of their work.
what will I gain?
• Insight into how practitioners have adapted for the digital world
• Understand the benefits of this work both for participants and for your organisations
• Explore how to successfully engage participants
• Learn from the different approaches that our speakers have taken in going digital
• Opportunity for you to discuss, and learn from peers, as to the successes and challenges of this type of work
who is this seminar for?
acta seminars are free and open to everyone. However, this may be specifically relevant to you if you work in any of these fields:
• Artists and companies across all arts disciplines
• Students, academics and universities focussed on the arts, technologies and communities
• Gaming enthusiasts and professionals
• Those interested in the power of community and theatre
• AI, AR, VR enthusiasts and professionals
We believe that theatre belongs to everyone, and everyone has a story to tell. acta creates a place where everyone’s story matters, where individual opinions and experiences count, and are valued by others.
Purpose in Practice || How Can Investment Work For New Founders?
Pervasive Media Studios, BS1 5TX
If you’re a startup or someone who wants to see new ideas in the City get the money they need, this event is an opportunity to come together and learn what’s possible.
In this event, hear first-hand experience of founders and professionals who’ve sought, secured or passed up investment as they’ve created businesses they believe in. Talks/ discussion 6.00pm – 8.00pm. Networking from 8.00pm.
How to have a tough conversation – navigating conflict in your business: a talk with Meg Lovell
Online via Zoom
From uncomfortable conversations around raising fees, to responding to the client with the ever-expanding brief, we all regularly face conflict situations in business that can be the difference between making or losing money, or a functional or frustrating working relationship.
In this online talk, Meg Lovell will work through communication methods to address these situations both proactively and reactively, giving you a blueprint for action the next time a tricky situation arises.
Funded Management Training
Develop your skills and knowledge, to manage a team, with our virtual Step up to Lead course over 6 months.
This ILM accredited Level 3 Certificate is designed for upcoming managers, and will support you with key managerial skills, such as managing conflict, motivating your team and delegation. This course will prepare you for a career in management and leadership roles, with tutorial guidance available throughout the programme.