SALARY: £27k – £30k Dependant on experience
HOURS: Full time
START DATE: Feb 2024
Woven Films are looking for a full-time filmmaker to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will bring creative insight to every aspect of the filmmaking process including, pre-production, shooting, lighting and editing, helping Woven Films develop and deliver exceptional films for our clients.
You will be a key member of Team Woven and will work on a wide variety of projects, ranging from TV adverts, brand campaigns and social content to events, docu-style interviews and corporate films. This role is perfectly suited for someone who is currently working full-time for a production company or is freelancing and is looking to join a larger team.
Week to week will be very varied so the ideal candidate will thrive off a fast-paced and agile environment but still find time to realise the story of each individual film and demonstrate they can finish work to a high level of detail. You’ll meet hard deadlines, make quick revisions and have confidence in working directly with other team members, contributors and clients.
- Collaborate to craft creative ideas during pre-production
- Help during production with lighting, camera and sound
- Create interesting and engaging edits that work across various ratios and platforms.
- Correct colour, sound and graphics in post-production
- Actively develop your knowledge and skills
- Bring fresh ideas and positivity to every project
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects, managing your own time and workload to meet deadlines
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
- £27 – 30K Dependent on experience
- Full-time in our studio (40 hrs per week)
- 25 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Everyone gets their birthday off
- Carbon offsetting with Ecologi
- Chance to work in our city centre studio, right on the river Avon
- Flexible start and finish times when not on shoots
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A passion for video production and the filmmaking process
- Minimum 3 years of professional video production experience
- An extensive portfolio that showcases a creative eye and understanding of storytelling
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with a particular focus on Premiere Pro & After Effects
- An understanding of working with different aspect ratios for social media
- Experience with Sony cameras, lighting and grip
- A friendly and positive attitude and enjoy working with a range of clients
- A driver’s license and confidence in driving hired vehicles
- Live in the Bristol area
- Some experience with colour, grading and sound design
- Some experience with motion graphics is a bonus
Woven Films has humble roots and is a culmination of 10 years of hard work and a lot of fun along the way. Our projects take us all over the UK and beyond, but our hearts are firmly rooted in Bristol and the South West. We work directly with well-known national and local brands and are privileged to support many clients in the third and green sectors.
- We value strong relationships, integrity and passion
- Dedicated to making every piece of work the very best it can be
- We are a young, passionate and energised team
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow with the company
- You’ll work in a friendly and approachable environment
This role is a chance for you to grow creatively, work with exciting brands and create interesting and valuable content.
To apply please send a CV, showreel and a cover letter to j[email protected] – Applicants will only be considered if they submit a portfolio or showreel.
Woven is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from anyone suitably qualified for each role and when it comes to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees, we treat everyone equally regardless of their age, sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, and place an obligation upon all of our employees to respect and act in accordance with this policy.