We’re looking for a freelance WordPress web developer to work on various web builds.
We are a small and efficient team of excellent designers and developers creating beautiful and user-friendly websites for nice clients. We have a climate conscious approach and we don’t say yes to all clients; we hand-pick the clients who we want to work with which means projects are always enjoyable to work on.
The team are all super friendly and our technical lead is one of the most experienced developers in the WordPress world, so there’s plenty of opportunity to share ideas and grow.
- This is a freelance role, strictly outside IR35; you will already be self-employed and have a number of other freelance clients
- Whilst this is a remote role, our preference is to work with somebody local to Bristol / the South West of England because we’re a social team and like to meet up from time to time
- Attention to detail: there’s nothing worse than a web build that doesn’t look like the signed-off design visual. We aim to make sure our builds are as close to the design visual as possible
- Experience with Adobe XD; our designers will supply you with the final XD file to extract material from
- Impeccable timekeeping and sticking to timeframes
- You must know the meaning of custom WordPress development and clean coding and these should be deployed in your work as standard
- Classic editor and not Gutenberg (we like the idea of Gutenberg but we feel it’s still too new)
- Good CSS without reliance on any large frameworks like Bootstrap
- Your work must not rely on any page builders
- Clean, minimal HTML 5 with top level header, main and footer elements
- For any custom fields you’ll use CMB2 rather than ACF
- All code should use WordPress provided functions, action hooks and filter hooks wherever possible instead of lower level functions and constants
- This role epitomises our ethos to “fit work around your life, not the other way around”
- This is an opportunity to join an exciting company, we’re a small business but we’ve been growing since we were founded seven years ago
- 100% working from home
- We are a responsible company with a clearly defined and very comprehensive climate strategy
- We work with brilliant clients and we’re busy enough to say no to clients who aren’t the right fit
- An opportunity to develop your career, with opportunities to grow within Winter Design or on your onward path
- A truly excellent team to work with
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(No recruitment agencies, thanks)