The role involves managing and commissioning content and ensuring both contributed and our own in-house curated content adhere to the briefs given. The publication is well established and needs an editor dedicated to ensuring that the high quality standards we have set are maintained and raised.
- Creating copy that is engaging and relevant to our audience of insurance professionals
- Conducting interviews and writing them up
- Engaging with industry experts to get content delivered on time and to brief
- Ensuring content is submitted on time by freelancers
- Working with sales on marketing content (advertorials)
- Proofreading final edits
- Signing off the magazine on print day
- Travel to conferences (domestic and international) to network and write reviews.
Key attributes for the successful candidate:
- At least four years’ experience as an editor of a publication
- Attention to every detail
- Dedication to ensuring the product is always the best it can be
- Understanding of B2B publications and the approach they require
- Ability to work independently and closely with the rest of the editorial team and with our in-house design and marketing teams
Desirable attributes for the successful candidate:
- Understanding of the financial services sector, specifically insurance
- Willingness to travel
About the company
- We are based in Central Bristol and offer a hybrid working environment, with 2 days a week in the office and 3 at home.
- We have been established for 30 years and are well known for producing quality publications and events for the insurance sector.
- We offer a pension scheme, private healthcare, dedicated mental health helpline and cycle to work scheme.
- Regular office morale boosting lunches!