Our smart thinking, expert team is looking to recruit a Technical SEO Manager to support Varn as we continue to grow our business.
Varn is the largest and longest established specialist SEO agency in the South West, based in the beautiful town of Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, just outside Bath.
We are looking for someone who can take responsibility for conducting a wide range of technical and onsite SEO tasks for a range of clients, supporting the development of the wider team, and presenting projects directly to our clients.
With a background in technical SEO and a minimum of 2 year’s search marketing experience, you will work with our clients, potential clients and our internal teams to help Varn deliver best-in-class Search marketing.
The Technical SEO Manager will plan and implement technical SEO strategies, conduct technical analysis, create website audits and interpret web analytics data to formulate technical recommendations. You will work closely with the rest of the internal technical SEO team to make recommendations for SEO improvements, keeping our clients happy and staying up-to-date with industry developments.
You will work closely with the Senior Technical SEO Manager and the Head of Innovation, as well as the wider Varn team. You will also be responsible for helping to train and line-manage junior Technical SEO team members.
Key Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Contributing to technical SEO audits including coding reviews, core web vital analysis, schema mark-up opportunities, content optimisation, and keyword research
- Monitoring our clients’ website performance, analysing and interpreting data to make strategic, data-based recommendations for optimisation
- Creating SEO strategies which reflect the client’s business objectives, website performance, and available resources to achieve tangible results
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, including presenting ongoing work in regular meetings
- Keeping up to date with industry developments to ensure continuous development of our technical SEO knowledge. Contributing proactively with thought leadership, creating and writing content to help share Varn’s expertise within SEO and search marketing
- Line-managing 2 to 3 members of the junior Technical SEO team, helping them to develop and meet their agreed performance goals
- Contributing to an environment that fosters open communication and trust with all team members, clients and other stakeholders
Who are you?
- You have at last 2 years hands-on experience of successfully implementing technical SEO tactics, as well as a good understanding of SEO techniques and tools
- You have the ability to think creatively around problems and interpret clients’ requests
- You have experience using all or some of: GA4, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and Google Looker Studio, as well as Technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog and SEMrush
- You ideally have experience in developing and building long term client relationships within an agency or consultancy. You can confidently express yourself while discussing technical issues with clients and team members
- You are able to work well under pressure and carefully manage your own time
- You like data, pay close attention to detail, and feel at home analysing data or looking through website source code
- You have experience in mentoring, supporting and directing junior team members, or are keen to learn to line-manage others
- You have strong numeracy and data analysis skills, supported with strong written and verbal abilities
- You are a friendly, honest and hard-working individual who enjoys working alongside and contributing to a wider team
- Opportunity to be part of a growing agency
- Company wide bonus scheme (up to 10% annual bonus)
- Access to our woodland office, our mobile Camper Varn office and Woolacombe (Devon) beach view workspace, so you can work outside and be inspired in new places.
- Up to 28 days off per year (including 20 standard days, 3 day Christmas close down, 1 day holiday for your birthday and up to 4 days long service bonus)
- Pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Fun working environment