We’re Studio Floc – an award-winning graphic design agency based in Bristol. Driven by purpose, we work to enable the makers, equip the innovators and empower the world-changers. We specialise in branding, print and digital design.
We’re looking for an exceptional junior graphic designer to join our growing team. To thrive in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate your ability to create outstanding design work that fulfils each brief and exceeds client expectations. You’ll be a proactive team-player, a solution-driven thinker and most importantly, always willing to bring your best effort to the table.
You will have the opportunity to develop your design skills in an agency environment within an ambitious and friendly team. You’ll also be working on-site at our studio in Stokes Croft.
• Taking multidisciplinary design ideas through from concept to final delivery, aiming for the highest levels of creativity and innovation at all times.
• Staying aware of current developments in the design industry and wider world in relation to Studio Floc’s clients and work.
• Able to prioritise, work independently, and complete objectives without supervision.
• Able to communicate creative ideas clearly and confidently in meetings and client pitches.
• Eager to learn and develop new skills to further personal and studio growth.
• Prepping work for either print or digital output ensuring best practices are followed.
• 1+ years of professional graphic design experience in an agency setting.
• A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding branding, print and digital design.
• Exceptional layout, typography and design skills.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and deliver strong concept-driven work.
• Calm under pressure.
• Proficient with Adobe CC, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• A great work ethic and collaborative team-player.
• A strong communicator who can articulate ideas verbally and visually.
• Meticulous, organised and able to multi-task.
• Knowledge of programmes such as FIGMA, Sketch and After Affects.
• Photography and videography skills.
• An understanding of HTML and CSS.
• Knowledge of web-platforms such as WordPress and Squarespace.
• Broader understanding of digital marketing best practices and SEO.
• We have a four-day working week that runs from Monday—Thursday, 9:30am—5:30pm.
• We participate in the cycle-to-work scheme.
• We close over the Christmas period.
• After the first year, salary increases from pro rata to 5 day pay for a 4 day working week.