We’re Pretty Pragmatic, the strategic marketing agency combining creative flair with proper digital know-how. We’re all about delivering sensational results in ways that make sense.
We get to work with a great mix of both big-brand names and interesting up-and-comers, and we’re growing. We’re now looking for a Backend Developer to join our ambitious team.
Think you can help us? Read on.
No recruitment agencies please.
.NET DEVELOPER (UMBRACO)
As a .NET Developer at Pretty Pragmatic, you’ll get involved with a variety of projects, working on both greenfield and existing builds.
You’ll work closely with our Frontend Developer – integrating their static builds into clean and performant sites.
You’ll need strong .NET knowledge with experience developing and deploying Umbraco sites. You’ll be great at developing clean, efficient and future-proofed solutions that can really scale with our clients.
We’re looking for:
- Significant experience working with Umbraco, developing .NET using C#.
- DevOps and Windows server configuration familiarity.
- A desire to create fast, performant and high-quality websites.
- The ability to output clean, commented, team-friendly code.
- A love of web and digital technologies, keeping up to date with industry advances.
- An eagerness to learn new techniques, embrace new approaches and bring new ideas to the table.
Would be nice, but not essential, if you have:
- Prior web design agency experience.
- .NET Core and Umbraco v9+
- Experience using or configuring CI/CD pipelines for deployment.
- Experience with Git version control, and an understanding of branch policies.
- ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- An understanding of technical SEO.
- An understanding of interaction design, with an interest in usability and accessibility.
What you’ll get up to:
- Developing new websites and updating code on existing builds.
- Assisting the Creative Technology Director on initial project discovery and definition.
- Working closely with the wider team, keeping the Digital Project Manager in the loop on progress or blockers, and using collaborative tools like JIRA and Slack.
- Actively participating in planning, reviews and retrospectives, and getting involved with quality assurance and testing.
- Speaking up if you’ve got an idea to improve something – whether it’s Dev-related, or the next social.
If you fit the above and can see yourself making waves as our Backend Developer, keep on reading to see if Pretty Pragmatic is right for you…
What it’s like to work at Pretty Pragmatic:
We’re not a stickler for rules, but we do have 6 guiding principles which (we believe) makes us a great place to work:
- Give & Take – We’re not a rigid 9-5:30 place. We work in real life – if you need to start a bit later or finish early, we can make it work.
- Make It Happen – We love a bit of proactivity. If you have a good idea, don’t be afraid to be the one that makes it real.
- Basics, Then Brilliance – We do the basics well, then find ways to go beyond.
- Strive To Stand Out – We like competition. There’s no shame in wanting to be the best.
- Win Together, Lose Apart – We help each other whenever we can. It makes a big difference.
- Pride Over Profit – Stand up for what you believe in, don’t just bow to a big budget.
We know the importance of proper R&R – so you’ll get 25 days holiday and your birthday off.
You’ll also get an annual £500 training allowance for your development, a ‘Healthy Habits’ monthly wellness allowance, a pension, Headspace subscription, and some other PP perks. We know kit is important too, so you’ll get quality tech that ensures you’ve got the right tools for creating great stuff.
Bristol’s our home, and we’re after someone who’s able to work from our office at least a couple of days a week. We’ve got a lovely space in Old Market, less than a 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads.
If you’re excited about working at Pretty Pragmatic, we’d love to hear from you. Email us your CV at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.