We are Outlaw. An unconventional collective of designers, thinkers and writers operating outside the law and the M25. We welcome rebels and revolutionaries, pirates and protestors, the fearless and the unflappable.
We are a small yet thriving studio, creating disruptive design for brave brands. We cut the usual agency bullshit, think fast on our feet and deliver straight up creativity with the power to make change.
We’re looking for a Studio Manager to join our growing band of Outlaws.
You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment where your blend of your organisational and interpersonal skills will bring friendly order to the day-to-day running of the studio. You’ll be unflappable, able to juggle a range of tasks and reactive to changes. You’ll be commercially aware and a great communicator with the highest attention to detail. Happy to work autonomously you’ll also be endlessly proactive, always seeking out ways to learn and improve the way we do things and presenting them to the senior team. You’ll build unbreakable relationships internally and externally, balancing the commercial needs and processes of the agency with the needs and wellbeing of a busy team.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the workflow of a small but busy studio team (we currently use the online Float system for this)
- Liaising with key client service, strategy and creative contacts to ensure bookings are appropriate to the task while meeting client and internal deadlines
- Working with the client service team to safeguard the profitability of jobs
- Working with the client service team to forecast future workflow requirements, identifying clashes, high volume periods or holiday and proactively solving them ahead of time
FREELANCE / SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
- Growing and nurturing relationships with freelance agencies, direct freelancers and other key suppliers, liaising regularly to ensure Outlaw always have access to the best talent when we need it
- Maintaining and updating freelance and supplier records within our systems (contracts, NDAs etc.)
- Supporting the client service teams with prompt and accurate financial management (e.g. collation and submission of credit card receipts)
GENERAL STUDIO MANAGEMENT
- Identifying PR and design award opportunities, logging these and assisting the team with the timely delivery of assets
- Ensuring the smooth running of the studio in general, including liaison with Finzels Reach Estates Management and external suppliers as necessary
- Managing studio and kitchen supplies
- Managing couriers and delivery services
- Supporting with the organisation of monthly agency events
- Supporting with the organisation of client meetings and workshops
- Arranging UK / international travel where necessary
- Supporting with management of holiday requests and holiday calendar
Experience in a studio or creative management role is preferable, but at the very least experience in a creative / design studio environment.
- A small but mighty agency environment with a close-knit and collaborative team
- Centrally located Bristol studio, part of the recent renovation of a historic Bristol brewery (with less historic bars, restaurants and cafes just a few steps away)
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday, excluding bank holidays and our Christmas close down period
- Flexible working on Mondays and Fridays
- Early finish on Fridays (subject to work requirements)