We are after our next top notch Developer. You will be joining the company at an exciting time as we prepare to scale up over the next few years and we want you to be a part of our journey.
You will be a full stack software developer who enjoys learning new technologies and working across a variety of interesting projects. Working with the team you will be able to develop full solutions at whiteboard level through to final high quality code
- You will create bespoke, innovative solutions to a wide variety of web-application based problems for a diverse set of clients.
- Working in an agile manner, you will deliver projects to the agreed budget, timescale, scope and required quality.
- Starting at the whiteboard, you will participate in, or lead, collaborative project design—ensuring that all work is built on a solid foundation before implementing a solution.
- You will implement solutions that are clean, easy to understand, well documented and thoroughly tested.
- Proactively identifying challenges, you will research and create appropriate solutions.
- You will work with minimum supervision, prioritising and planning your work, and knowing when to ask for help.
- First and foremost you are a highly capable problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- You love challenges and the harder the problem the more you thrive.
- You also love writing code. The web excites you, and you’re probably an active member of the development community. You have a proven portfolio of successfully-delivered projects.
- You are comfortable with, and adapt to, changing requirements and circumstances and are always happy dealing directly with clients.
- You have a great attitude and work ethic, respect your fellow team members, have excellent communication skills, are a continuous learner and have a life away from the computer. You do not shirk from hard work.
Good knowledge to have…
- Git or equivalent
- Object oriented / functional / procedural programming paradigms
- JS frameworks such as JQuery, React and VueJs
- Node.js, Electron, Cordova, Capacitor
- HTML / CSS
- MVC Frameworks (Laravel, Yii, Symfony, others)
- MySQL / MariaDB / Mongo / equivalent
- TDD and BDD
- Linux, shell scripting and command line
- Server Management / Dev Ops
- Flexible working hours and options for remote working
- A strong focus on personal development (a continuous development plan, regular 1:1s + reviews)
- All the tools you need – a Macbook, peripherals and equipment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Regular team days and social events
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan, cycle-to-work and tech schemes
At Newicon we believe that work should be an enjoyable part of life and we put effort and resources into making this a reality for our team.
We have a friendly and supportive culture that enables our team to do their best work and develop their skills. We are selective about the clients we work with, so that we build rewarding relationships and work on exciting projects.
We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to grow. This includes formal training, going to industry conferences, and informal knowledge-sharing sessions.
Newicon is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.