Navigate is looking for a Paid Media Executive with a strong digital marketing background to join our superstar delivery team and help deliver our first-class advertising services.
This role is ideally suited to someone who enjoys spending time analysing results and has a sharp eye for detail and strong numeracy skills.
As our Paid Media Executive, you’ll be reporting directly to our Senior Paid Media Manager and relied upon to support the running of campaigns within our portfolio of paid media clients. While this will mainly focus on paid search and paid social, this role will also expand into creating and managing campaigns across display, video and programmatic.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience working in paid media roles
- A good working knowledge of biddable media and key partner platforms (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience in delivering successful campaigns across digital media, especially paid search and paid social
- An on time, on budget and on target advertising campaign track record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid reporting skills in relation to campaign data
- A sharp eye for detail and strong numerical skills
- An understanding and experience of relevant supporting technologies, including the Google Advertising Suite (GA, Data Studio, Tag Manager), would be desirable
We’re dedicated to providing one of the best remuneration packages in the city across salary, benefits and lifestyle.
As you would expect in today’s market, we offer flexible working hours and hybrid working options as standard, as well as providing great career prospects at a highly credible agency.
Additional benefits also include:
- 25 days holiday, (with an additional day for every year of service, up to 28 days), plus Bank Holidays (pro rata to your working schedule)
- Regular company socials
- A generous training budget
- Industry training sessions
- A welcoming and friendly company culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- Wellness perks (we provide you with a generous monthly budget to spend on boosting your wellbeing – think gym memberships, physio, massages etc)
And that’s just for starters, with more benefits based on length of service!
A bit more about us:
Through our work with travel, tourism and experience businesses nationally and globally, we inspire people to do the things worth doing. Our clients are an inspirational array and include the likes of the RSPB, Ocean Conservation Trust, Zip World, international tourism boards including Catalunya, Japan and Mauritius and closer to home destinations such as Visit Bristol & Bath, to name just a few.
We are big on culture and we care about our team. We want you to enjoy working with us as much as we enjoy working with you and we want you to be proud of what you achieve.
We want to make a difference and are passionate about delivering business the right way. As part of our commitment to this, we are well on the way to becoming a certified BCorp and expect to complete this process within the next couple of months.
If the role with Navigate is one which sounds appealing, and you feel you’ve got the personality and skill set to fit in, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can. We’ll be delighted to hear from you and will keep all conversations confidential.
The application deadline for this role is Friday 11th November.
Navigate is an equal opportunities employer and committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from anyone suitably qualified for each role and when it comes to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees, we treat everyone equally regardless of their age, sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, and place an obligation upon all of our employees to respect and act in accordance with this policy.