Mentor Digital, one of Bristol’s fastest growing digital agencies, based just a few minutes’ walk from the city centre, is looking for a .NET developer to join our highly experienced and ambitious development team made up of .NET developers and frontend developers.
We are a full-service yet development driven agency with a high-end software and technical systems development team, an excellent UX and creative team that help us deliver cutting edge solutions to our rapidly growing list of impressive clients.
As a .Net Developer, you will work within a team that delivers complex web site solutions that involve the design and implementation of databases that drive both web sites and applications. You will be working on developing brand new web sites solutions and be expected to work on a broad range of existing solutions to help deliver new functionality.
The role as a .Net Developer is very hands-on and diverse so an adaptability and willingness to tackle a broad range of work is essential. You must value your contribution to the team and be passionate about well-structured code, standards, and reusability.
The role will include the following:
- Software / Web development – ASP.Net, C#, MVC
- API Development – ASP.NET Web API
- Integration of 3rd party APIs and systems
- CMS development – primarily Umbraco CMS
- Assisting with the maintenance of our Windows Servers and SQL Servers
- Attending technical planning meetings
- Triaging and estimating time / effort required for individual issues
Developer life at Mentor
- Daily stand-ups
- Support from an experienced development team that is passionate about what they do. All developer team members are open to discussion to help each other implement the best solution, and support each other
- Continuous integration with Team City and one-click deployments with Octopus deploy
- Estimation sessions with the development team
- Peer code reviews
- Pluralsight subscription for continuing personal development
- Umbraco training will be provided
- Developers are involved in projects end-to-end
- Regular developer meetings to discuss new technology, share knowledge, and reflect on issues
Mentor offers remote / working from home arrangements. The ideal candidate will be able to attend our Bristol office for meetings and events when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following
- 3+ years of commercial experience within a web development environment
- .Net (C#) development skills
- .NET 4.6+ experience, .NET Core/.NET 6 desirable
- Experience of CMS systems (ideally Umbraco)
- ES5, ES6, jQuery,
- Experience with AngularJS or Vue desirable
- Knowledge of common design patterns
- Good people and communications skills
- An excellent eye for detail
- Good knowledge of web standards and best practices
- Experience of source control (we use Git)
We offer some excellent benefits, here are a few to expect if you join our team:
- Remote / hybrid working (You are welcome to work in our office if you wish to have a hybrid working environment, or even full time)
- A contributory pension with free access to an IFA for pensions advice
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Birthdays Off!
- Time off in Lieu of Overtime
- Carbon Offsetting (we offset our Employees’ whole Carbon footprint, not just for work activity)
- Employee Referral Scheme