Motion Graphics Editor

JonesMillbank

Job Description

We’re a full-service video production company creating award-winning videos, TV commercials and animations. Based in the centre of Bristol, we work in-house with a talented team of multi-disciplined creatives.

Our clients span almost every sector and include The Royal Mint, University of Bristol, IDLES, Toshiba, Bristol City Council and Battersea to name a few.

You can find out more about us and our work at jonesmillbank.com.

Thanks to some new and existing client projects we’re looking for a full-time Motion Graphics & Video Editor to join our growing team. Day-to-day you’ll be working on a diverse mix of projects, spending roughly 60% of your time animating, the other 40% video editing.

From the outset you’ll be pivotal to both our productions and our clients’ brands, working closely with our directors, creatives, producers and the rest of the team including our two existing animators/editors.

You’ll bring your own art direction and style to animation projects, whilst being able to work outside of your comfort zone and align your work to client’s brands and existing content. You’ll be editing a range of video formats, from SLog3 to R3D RAW, providing deliverables from social to TV commercials. 

You’ll even be involved in early creative concept development, helping to steer our creatives and art direction.

The role will be based at our studio a stone’s throw from Temple Meads. Whilst we were agile enough to work from home when required, we’re all eager to return to our desks and bring back the tight-knit, creative work environment that our team, client’s and productions benefit from, and this is particularly true of post-production due to editing hardware and volumes of data restricting home working.

Required skills

We’re looking for somebody with a talent and passion for motion graphics, animation and video.

You’ll be a storyteller with an impressive showreel and an ability to bring creative ideas to the table. Needless to say you’ll be a pro in Premiere, AfterEffects, Illustrator and the rest of the Adobe CC suite.

You’ll also have a keen eye and attention to detail, and to make sure you’re doing that now and you’re actually still reading, we’d like you to let us know what your favourite film is and why in your covering email.

Any other experience with other suites and tools such as Davinci Resolve and Cinema4D would also be beneficial but not a requirement.

Benefits

This is an exciting opportunity to learn and work in an incredibly varied and transparent environment. You will be vital from the outset, helping us to grow as part of the business alongside our founders and the rest of the team.

As well as working in a close-knit and friendly office we offer bonus schemes, flexible holidays including Christmas closure, private healthcare, good working hours and numerous after-work drinks (every Friday at a minimum, when allowed).

Interested?
We’re looking for the right person to start ASAP, and whilst we won’t be discriminating against those currently in employment/with notice to serve, we will be reviewing applications on an ad-hoc basis as soon as they’re received and the role may be closed sooner than advertised, so please apply as soon as you’re able.

Email russell@jonesmillbank.com with a covering email, CV, showreel and anything else you feel relevant or useful. Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible.