Are you passionate about creating compelling content that connects with the right people? Do you enjoy keeping track of digital communications trends and how different audiences use social media? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic communications officer to join the communications team at IOP Publishing, one of the world’s leading learned society scientific publishers.
You will be a key member of our communications team, helping to gain excellent media coverage, writing engaging copy and creating impactful social media campaigns that raise awareness of how IOP Publishing delivers recognition and impact to the scientific community. You’ll also get involved in identifying high profile scientific research to pitch to national and international media outlets. You will work closely with our talented in-house design team to support with the creation of high-quality visual assets such as animations and infographics to supplement written content.
You enjoy building and developing relationships, have exceptional communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Seeking opportunities to raise awareness of IOPP’s brand
- Building IOP Publishing’s social media presence
- Maintaining and enhancing the company website
- Monitoring and evaluating press coverage, managing media contact lists and securing media coverage opportunities
- Writing copy and creating content for a variety of channels
- Building and developing media relationships
- Working with the Studio design team to create visuals and animations
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer you:
- an excellent pension scheme (up to 12% company contribution),
- discretionary annual bonus scheme,
- 25+ days holiday (not including bank holidays),
- standard 35-hour working week,
- volunteering days,
- a comprehensive benefits package including private medical insurance and life assurance
- a range of flexible benefits such as cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, healthcare cash plan, and payroll giving.
We will consider applicants from a wide geographical area who are happy to travel to Bristol on occasions. You should be prepared to come to our modern and contemporary offices in central Bristol for one or two days per month on average, or every day if you prefer. IOP Publishing has a flexible, hybrid working model in place, in which colleagues work from where they can be most productive. For more information on our approach to hybrid working, click here.
To apply, please submit your CV through our careers site.
IOP Publishing is one of the world’s leading learned society scientific publishers. Its product portfolio encompasses over 100 open access and hybrid journals, books, conference proceedings and a global science news programme, many of which are published in partnership with other learned societies.
With offices in Europe, Asia and the US, we work in the interests of the global scientific community to deliver impact, recognition and value to the scientific community. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society, IOP Publishing supports the Institute’s work to inspire people to develop their knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of physics.
IOP Publishing is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are built into our identity in a way that is natural and sustainable, visible through the work we produce, our company branding, our professional networks and the communities we serve and support, which includes our employees, talent communities and candidates. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.