Inkwell is a Bristol-based marketing agency that specialises in creating educational content for startups and small businesses. We help our partners reach and support business owners by creating best-in-class content.
Our clients range from corporates like PwC and Sage to government bodies like Innovate UK. We also work with business communities and leading universities like Cambridge.
Services include writing articles, copywriting, email marketing and video. We also run a nationwide startup competition called The Pitch, which helps thousands of entrepreneurs from across the UK every year.
We’re looking for a brilliant content writer to join our team of talented and passionate B2B content creators and experts. If you’re an experienced writer looking for a new challenge in an ambitious yet friendly agency, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Editorial Manager, you’ll work alongside our team of expert writers on a wide range of content projects and formats. This includes everything from writing and editing articles to putting together email marketing copy, providing high-level content expertise to clients and maintaining our reputation for quality.
We’re a small business that’s growing rapidly, so a willingness to get stuck into a number of different tasks is essential. No two days are the same and you’ll need to turn your hand to a variety of styles, formats and subject matters. The successful candidate will thrive when working on lots of different projects and areas of the business.
For this role, we’re open to people from content, copywriting or marketing backgrounds with at least three years’ experience. Ideally you’ll have worked in the B2B content space before and be able to turn complex topics into engaging and accessible content. We’re after someone who’ll pick things up fast and bring some fresh ideas to the table.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
This is a full-time role based in Bristol city centre. We have flexible hours and a generous WFH policy once onboarding is completed.
- Responding to client briefs and delivering high-quality content to meet their needs
- Write and edit content based on different styles, tone of voice and audiences
- Effectively manage a number of projects, clients and deadlines
- Representing the content expertise of the business, confidently speaking with clients and conducting research
- Use Google Analytics and knowledge of SEO to measure success and report back to clients
- Contribute to and support content development and strategy
- Suggest new ways to build on our reputation for delivering best-in-class content for this audience (small business owners)
Key requirements and characteristics:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with experience of writing B2B content for a range of audiences and/or clients
- A passion to work with small businesses and startups
- Flawless attention to detail – you can spot a typo a mile off
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, organise time effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working independently and taking initiative on projects
- Collaborative and confident in a small team environment
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of digital content platforms including social media and email marketing
We’re a small, friendly team that is growing fast. It’s a great opportunity for someone who can embrace our ethos and wants to help us build something.
Our work has a tangible impact on the community we serve, from helping business owners overcome challenges to facilitating millions of pounds in investment through The Pitch programme.
You can find out more about Inkwell and our values on the About us section of our website.
Wellbeing is important to us which is why we offer these benefits to all our team members:
- Inkwell offers 26 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Access to a gym or similar health and fitness package to the value of £25 per month
- Generous working from home policy
Please submit your CV to email@example.com as well as a short cover letter that explains why you’d be perfect for this role.
We are looking for someone who’s a great fit for us, even if it takes a little longer to find them. However, we can move quickly for the right candidate and will be setting up interviews straight away.
No recruitment agencies please – really, we mean this!