Inkwell is a Bristol-based content marketing agency. We help brands like Sage and Tide, and government bodies like Innovate UK reach and support small business owners.
The team creates best-in-class educational content and marketing assets. Every year, we run a nationwide startup competition called The Pitch, which helps tens of thousands of entrepreneurs from across the UK.
By creating extraordinary content and sharing human stories, we believe we can build and inspire communities of small business owners (find out more about our values here).
We’re looking for a brilliant Marketing Manager who is excited to use their experience in a fun and flexible environment where they can make an impact.
The role pays £36,000-£40,000 depending on experience and we have extensive perks, including flexible working and working from home policies (see below).
It’s a full-time role based in Bristol city centre. However, we’re open to people who want to work fewer days on a pro-rata basis if there’s a good fit; we want to create the right role for the right person.
The role is split 80:20 between The Pitch and Inkwell. That means you’ll work on promoting the agency and building the programme’s community.
We have ambitious growth targets for both sides of the business, and need someone who can set the strategy and budgets at a management level.
- Team management (one direct report, booking resources with other team members and freelancers)
- Marketing strategy for The Pitch and Inkwell to meet company goals around community building and lead generation
- Supporting event planning and making sure our approach aligns with the marketing strategy and programme goals
- Input on marketing strategy and projects for agency clients
- Building partnerships with organisations in the startup ecosystem, The Pitch clients and speakers
We’re a small and fast-growing business. That means the successful candidate needs to be able to take ownership of initiatives and manage resources.
REQUIREMENTS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Developing marketing strategies around client and company goals
- Reporting on campaign performance
- Interest in working with small businesses and startups
- Marketing events and building email lists with high engagement
- Building relationships with clients, partners and speakers
- Knowledge of combining digital marketing with in-person events
- Performance marketing
- Lead generation for agencies
- Marketing automation for surveys and email campaigns
CULTURE AND PERKS
Our work has a tangible impact on the community we serve, from helping business owners overcome challenges to facilitating millions of pounds in investment through The Pitch programme.
You can find out more about Inkwell and our values on the About us section of our website.
Wellbeing is important to us and we’ve built out a benefits package with that in mind:
- 26 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Access to a gym or similar health and fitness package to the value of £25 per month
- Free access to mental health and wellbeing app, Calm
- Generous working from home policy
- Family bonus for maternity, adoption or shared parental leave (conditions apply, speak to us for more details)
Please submit your CV to [email protected] as well as a short cover letter that explains why you’re perfect for this role.
Applications close on 16th February but we’ll be setting up interviews with promising candidates straight away.
No recruitment agencies please – really, we mean this!