We are looking for a Business Development Executive / Manager to join the focusgov team and help us create great digital services that have a positive impact on vulnerable peoples’ lives.
We already work with over thirty five local authorities throughout the country. Our Care Leavers App is used by many of these to provide help and support to young people leaving care, we also work extensively within SEND and Adult Services. It’s an exciting time with lots of genuinely innovative work taking place.
We want to continue our ambitious growth plans to become a leading provider of digital solutions and digital transformation services within social care. The main role of the Business Development Executive / Manager will be to increase our revenue and marketshare and help run the sales cycle within the business. You will help bring more customers on board and enable us to build the next generation of digital products for Children and Adults Services.
If you have experience in a similar, or in an account management role within a digital agency – or you have
- experience in selling software to the public sector,
- experience in consultative selling in SaaS or the Tech4Good space.
then we would love to chat.
You’ll be joining our existing Business Development team and some of the things we expect you will be getting stuck into include:
- working through our CRM (Hubspot) and making contacts, building relationships, ensuring we are in the right place when the decision is made to purchase,
- pursuing leads and moving them through the sales cycle,
- researching, planning and implementing new target markets,
- helping our customers overcome challenges they face when commissioning new products and services,
- marketing and raising awareness of our work, updating social media accounts, networking and presenting, blogging,
- developing quotes and proposals for prospective customers,
- attending conferences, exhibitions and industry events,
- reporting and forecasting into the senior management team,
- research into new markets, opportunities and partnerships for our technology and our business.
A couple of other important points:
- the role is home / remote based and will stay that way for the foreseeable future. Our team meet once a month for collaborative working, but this is purely optional.
- we are open to meeting candidates from anywhere in UK and who want part time or full time work.
We are keen to meet people with differing levels of experience but would ask for a minimum of a year in a similar / appropriate role; you might have spent time in a similar role, or as an account manager (with sales experience) in a digital or software agency.
Please only apply if you are able to meet the following key criteria:
- UK based,
- have a genuine enthusiasm for digital and for joining our friendly, growing business,
- willing to travel to customer sites and attend exhibitions and conferences,
- have demonstrable experience in software or digital sales, or selling to the public sector, or SaaS / Tech4Good.
Benefits for this role include:
- Salary of around £35k plus a very generous commission scheme.
- NEST Pension.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- In-team Mental Health First Aiders, plus the opportunity to train and gain MHFA qualifications.
- Flexible Working.
- Full / Part Time.
- Home and / or remote based.
- 28 days holiday plus additional time off for birthdays / Christmas.
Please no agencies for this role, thank you.