Diva has an exciting opportunity for a versatile Digital Designer / Developer to join our award winning creative agency. With a client list that represents some of the biggest names in the Video Games industry, this is a varied and interesting role that is ideal for someone who has experience in web animation and front-end development looking to hone their skills in an exciting industry.
If you’re looking for a new role in a growing agency and the opportunity to work on some amazing projects, then you could be the person we’re looking for. Whether you’ve already got experience in the creative industry, or you’re coming from a purely developer background and are looking for a new and creative challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the Digital Lead, you will primarily be involved in the digital artworking and build stages of online campaigns across both static and animated placements that can include, but not limited to; HTML banners, full website takeovers, mobile placements and social media activity.
In your role as Digital Designer / Developer your day-to-day tasks will consist of working collaboratively with other teams to translate designs into engaging digital assets for large scale, global online marketing campaigns, ensuring that industry standards and brand guidelines are adhered to at all times for a smooth and consistent campaign.
As a Digital Designer / Developer, your responsibilities will include designing & building digital assets, QA testing and continuously working on ways to improve techniques, optimisation and efficiencies. Responsibilities also include staying up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design software.
Responsibilities in detail
- Create digital assets (HTML and Static) for predominantly display advertising, homepage takeovers and social media.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that designs are suitable for use across digital executions
- Take pre-existing designs and artwork them to be built in HTML
- Create and execute storyboard concepts for digital advertising animations
- Test assets and optimize them for a variety of digital spec deliverables
- Prepare files for global localisation
- Iterate designs based on client & user feedback
- Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for digital innovation opportunities
Life at Diva
At Diva, we believe happiness comes from loving what you do and we’ve built our agency around that. Unrivalled passion, boundless creativity and raw talent sit under one roof, forming one of the biggest and best creative agencies in the South West. We are a fast paced, unique, independent creative agency with our team at the heart of everything we do.
Each and every one has the power to shape our future and we value them as much as we encourage them to value each other.
We value great teamwork and the way we communicate and collaborate is key. Every person that works with us has the capacity to help shape our future. We’re looking for like minded people who are excited by that prospect and recognise this as a great opportunity to shine.
Essential knowledge, training and qualifications
- Proven experience in front-end development and HTML animation with proficiency in CSS/Greensock(GSAP) animation, JS, SVG animation, Google Web Designer or similar.
- Demonstrable digital design experience
- Knowledge of the wider industry and current digital trends
- Experience in taking creative ideas from design to build
- Code Academy certification or similar experience
- Experience using a Mac
Nonessential but desirable
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (predominantly Photoshop)
- Experience working with Sizmek, Google Studio, DCM or similar advertising platforms
- Some UI design experience and broad understanding of UX disciplines
- Experience designing for social media
- Experience in creating video assets with Adobe AfterEffects or Premiere
- Experience working across multi-territory projects where localisation was required
- A driven and enthusiastic curiosity & passion for technical innovation and design
- A desire to problem solve, and to challenge and be challenged
- A hunger to develop new skills and progress
- The ability, perseverance and skills to solve problems effectively
- Willingness to work hard in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- The ability to multitask, and work quickly and accurately under pressure, to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, driven and passionate about the tiny details
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular training
- Christmas and summer parties
- Free eye tests
- Team building events
- Quarterly birthday socials
- Friday drinks
- Tea, coffee and fruit
- Dedicated breakout spaces with video game hardware and pool table