We’re looking for an outgoing, organised Membership Manager to lead our membership activity and coordinate our popular events.
Design West is a global centre of excellence for design and placemaking, based in the heart of Bristol. A thriving hub of connection and collaboration, our programmes inspire, inform and involve people in the design of the world around them. We work across sectors and society to innovate, co-design and challenge, bringing the best people together to shape better places.
As Membership Manager, you will build strong strategic relationships with corporate partners and stakeholders at a regional and national level, while securing new income for the organisation. You will grow our memberships, encouraging organisations to use our spaces and take part in and support our programmes. The partnerships and investment you bring into the charity will support existing and new programmes to drive a better built and natural environment for us all.
We’re looking for someone ambitious, creative and self-motivated, who is excellent at relationship-building and can work collaboratively to achieve results.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a memberships or development role
- Experience of successfully generating income/sales
- Evidence of strong corporate relationship building and coordinating networks of partners
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong written skills and the ability to communicate a compelling offer
- Organised and accurate with good record-keeping skills
- Good understanding of marketing and communications and how these can be used to secure partnerships
- Good understanding of organisations in the city and a network of contacts
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent team player
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholders and strong advocacy skills
- Good time management skills and an ability to prioritise workload
- Commitment to continuing own personal development, and keeping up-to-date with legislation and best practice
- Enthusiasm for design, architecture and culture
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Experience of working within the built environment, culture, heritage, or leisure sectors
- Experience of using CRM systems or a ‘smart’ and structured approach to driving sales.
- 25 days annual leave plus additional 1 day per year after 3 years
- Contributory company pension
- 30% discount in our café bar
- Training budget
- Option to buy, or sell, up to 5 days holiday per year
- Christmas closure
- Private health care package, including dental and eye care, dependent on duration of service
- Annual bonus scheme