Design West is looking for a digital designer with a strong creative voice to join our team, working with us 12 hours a week to create impactful designs that will bring our work to life.
With a focus on enriching our brand storytelling, you’ll create content for a range of platforms – including web, social and print. There’ll also be the opportunity to work on larger-scale projects – such as branding and artwork for our café-bar space, as well as for events, conferences, and awards ceremonies. Outside your work for Design West, you’ll have full use of our Harbourside studio space and facilities to pursue your own freelance projects.
Design West has been through an exciting transformation, tripling in turnover, growing audiences and changing our home. You will play a large part in the next stage of our evolution. We’re a hands-on, energetic small team who focus on impact, and we’re looking for someone with a can-do collaborative attitude to power our next phase.
- Demonstrable digital experience across a range of channels
- Ability to conceptualise visuals, prepare drafts and clearly communicate ideas
- Digital and mobile-first mindset
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Canvas, and a good understanding of MS packages
- Video creation and editing experience
- Ability to translate strategic direction into high quality designs within brand guidelines
- Willingness to offer insight and opinion on strengthening brand visuals, making creative recommendations to achieve the best results
- Evidence of successful design and video-driven digital campaigns.
Interest in, or experience of working in urban design, architecture or culture.
- 25 days annual leave plus additional 1 day per year after 3 years
- Contributory company pension
- 30% discount in our café bar
- Training budget
- Option to buy, or sell, up to 5 days holiday per year
- Christmas closure
- Private health care package, including dental and eye care, dependent on duration of service
- Annual bonus scheme.