Connect to your Industry
Stitch are the employee communication specialists within Deloitte – we are a fun and creative team who work with clients across the firm to deliver engaging employee campaigns. As a team we work alongside our technical colleagues to deliver strategy, animations, brochures, websites… and much more. This all helps our clients connect with their people in a meaningful way when it comes to topics such as share plans, executive remuneration, corporate change, mobility and diversity and inclusion.
Connect to your career at Deloitte
Deloitte drives progress. Using our vast range of expertise, that covers audit, risk advisory, and consulting services across tax, legal, business, technology and corporate finance, we help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. To do this, we invest in outstanding people. We build teams of future thinkers, with diverse talents and backgrounds, and empower them all to reach for and achieve more.
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Connect to your opportunity
The role of a Middleweight Motion Designer in the Stitch team is an exciting new one, which we’re looking to fill with a seasoned creative who has the desire and skills to carve out our animation offering into something even more special. You will join an existing team of creatives, taking responsibility for our animation output and being the leading light for our motion endeavors. This role is about being inherently curious and ambitious about what can be achieved with your craft. As a team we hugely value colleagues who challenge and surprise us with a vast array of styles and skills to keep things fresh and exciting. We’re always looking to push our creative proposition to be bigger and better.
You’ll be responsible for all things motion and will thrive on coming up with inspiring, engaging ways to make a difference in our world – working alongside our Creative Director to develop new propositions that will delight our clients. Day to day you’ll be working alongside strategic thinkers, account managers, communications consultants, designers and copywriters, across a variety of motion projects from concept right through to production.
Your responsibilities include:
- Fully immersing yourself in the creative brief and asking the right questions to get the answers you need in order to be fully prepped and ready to start a project with confidence, clarity and inspiration.
- Clearly articulating your vision, ideas and rational for decisions when talking to clients and the team around you.
- Generating creative ideas that turn technical or complex topics into clever concepts, storyboards and moodboards which you can confidently talk through and present to clients alongside your team members.
- Taking full ownership of all things motion throughout the entire lifecycle of a project and delivering from concept stage, right through to completion with everything that comes in-between.
- Inspiring, educating and forming an emotional connection with people through your work. You’ll understand how motion forms part of a wider campaign and have this in your mindset throughout.
- Raising the profile of animation in the wider creative process and finding meaningful opportunities to integrate video and motion graphics into a range of deliverables, including email and social.
- Liaising with the Account Management team and other members of the studio you’ll manage your own schedule efficiently, which includes juggling several projects (often in parallel, with totally different briefs) and delivering them within the deadline.
- Investing in junior members of the creative team so your skills and knowledge are being shared and utilised. We’re passionate about developing in this area and need your help to get us there.
Connect to your skills and professional experience
- You are inherently creative and enjoy staying ahead of the latest developments in the motion graphics / animation sector.
- In the past you might have worked within a creative agency or perhaps in-house within a large organisation. This means you’re used to finding the perfect balance between clients demands and creative perfection.
- In some capacity you have experience in making the complex clear – perhaps bringing technical information, processes or policies to life via animation.
- You are used to working alongside other creatives, offer and receive feedback constructively, and support and respect everybody’s input to produce creative that delivers results.
- You understand the importance of sound design and how it can bring an added dimension to a concept.
- Working across numerous big brands is familiar to you, you quickly understand how a brand moves, often without much time to digest guidelines and create visually stunning assets that hit the brief and cover a wide range of motion skills from 2D to 3D, animating to editing.
- Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro are second nature to you. Cinema 4D would also be an advantage.
- You have knowledge of and ability to work with the entire Adobe suite.
- You’ll have an amazing showreel and portfolio that displays a diverse skillset in all things design, motion graphics and animation.
- You have a track record of being a team player, working accurately under pressure and keeping a calm head to produce excellent creative with your colleagues.
Connect to your service line – Tax
Innovation and tax consultancy may not seem to go together, but that’s exactly what you’ll find at Deloitte. We’re constantly seeking the new and working together to push the limits of what’s possible. Discover a new kind of tax career that you can make your own.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Connect with your colleagues
“There are some incredibly talented people here and I get to learn from them every day.”
“It’s such an inspiring place to work; everyone you talk to is working on something interesting. There are always so many exciting things to get involved with that it is a challenge to prioritise where to spend your time. Everyone always says, “it’s the people,” and that’s true.”
“Since joining Deloitte I have really flourished as an individual and improved both my personal and professional skills. My team encourages me to be the best version of myself I can be, and to continue to develop my skills.”
Connect to your agile working options
Location: The home office of this role is Bristol.
Your Work, Your Way: We call our hybrid working vision Deloitte Works. And it does. We trust you to make the right choices around where, when and how you work. You’ll be able to make decisions about how you work best, to be collaborative, learn from colleagues, share your experiences, build the relationships that will fuel your career and prioritise your wellbeing. Having great conversations with your team and your leadership paves the way for great collaborative ways of working.
Connect to your return to work opportunity
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of two years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our commitment to you
Making an impact is more than just what we do: it’s why we’re here. So we work hard to create an environment where you can experience a purpose you believe in, the freedom to be you, and the capacity to go further than ever before.
We want you. The true you. Your own strengths, perspective and personality. So we’re nurturing a culture where everyone belongs, feels supported and heard, and is empowered to make a valuable, personal contribution. You can be sure we’ll take your wellbeing seriously, too. Because it’s only when you’re comfortable and at your best that you can make the kind of impact you, and we, live for.
Your expertise is our capability, so we’ll make sure it never stops growing. Whether it’s from the complex work you do, or the people you collaborate with, you’ll learn every day. Through world-class development, you’ll gain invaluable technical and personal skills. Whatever your level, you’ll learn how to lead.
Connect to your next step
A career at Deloitte is an opportunity to develop in any direction you choose. Join us and you’ll experience a purpose you can believe in and an impact you can see. You’ll be free to bring your true self to work every day. And you’ll never stop growing, whatever your level.
Discover more reasons to connect with us, our people and purpose-driven culture at deloitte.co.uk/careers