- Location: Bristol (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don’t delay your application, as the role may close without notice
This position is within our Home and Work (H&W) ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini business units.
Overall, cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
In H&W, our mission is to support good lives through excellence in digital experience, whether this is in developing services for the home, or improving employee experience and capability within the organisations who develop these services. The team operates as a design innovation partner for clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy and charity sectors.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and are outcome-driven.
Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. From our partnership with Google that has supported over 200 brands to measurably improve their UX maturity, to Samaritans where we designed their online chat service, which has helped those in crisis express suicidal feelings at twice the rate as other channels. We’d like you to be the kind of person who can help us do that.
We’re currently working with SSE, RHS, UCAS and many others with a commitment to improving lives – at home and work – through digital experience. In the past four years, the success of our process has seen us grow by 200%.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
Our senior consultants ensure our teams deliver fantastic quality work to our clients.
As a senior practitioner in a user-centred design business, you will be at the heart of everything we do to deliver impressive quality work to our clients.
You’ll work collaboratively in a cross-functional team with other UX consultants, service designers, visual designers, technologists, project managers and clients to research and craft innovative design solutions that make a difference.
- More than four years’ experience in a digital industry, ideally in a UX or creative agency
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX design and research methodologies and practices at each stage of the delivery cycle
- Be proficient in delivering research/design/prototyping methods and processes independently
- Understand and apply elements of the service design process
- To be happy to travel to our other office from time to time, and to work on-site with clients if and when that is needed. You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad, if and when restrictions allow
- The right to live and work in the UK
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with Simply Health
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
We have recently been awarded the Great Place to Work Certification. As part of our employee feedback, we were absolutely thrilled to report a 90% overall trust index from our team.
Some of our favourite bits from our team’s ratings include:
- 100% said ‘I am proud to tell people I work here’
- 98% said ‘there is a family or team feeling here’
- 95% said ‘people are encouraged to balance their work and personal life’
- 95% said ‘when I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- 95% said there is job security
Take a look at our blog, cxpartners is a ‘Great Place to Work’ (officially!)
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio.