This position is within our Home and Work (H&W) ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini business units. In H&W, our mission is to support good lives through excellence in digital experience, whether this is in developing services for the home, or improving employee experience and capability within the organisations who develop these services. The team operates as a design innovation partner for clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy and charity sectors.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and are outcome-driven.
Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. From our partnership with Google that has supported over 200 brands to measurably improve their UX maturity – to Samaritans where we designed their online chat service, which has helped those in crisis express suicidal feelings at twice the rate as other channels. We’d like you to be the kind of person who can help us do that.
We’re currently working with SSE, ASOS, WaterAid and many others with a commitment to improving lives of those at Home and Work through digital experience. In the past four years, the success of our process has seen us grow by 200%.
cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a senior practitioner in a user-centred design business, you will be at the heart of everything we do to deliver impressive quality work to our clients.
You’ll work collaboratively in a cross-functional team with other UX consultants, visual designers, technologists, project managers and clients to research and craft innovative design solutions that make a difference.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with our clients to help them use digital to best effect and to meet their users’ needs through the research, design, and development of excellent and innovative products, services and experiences
- Lead the day-to-day running and delivery of projects, and work closely with senior client stakeholders
- Help to shape, cost and communicate clear, outcome-led programmes of work
- Ensure team members understand their roles and responsibilities; you’ll mentor junior practitioners
- Mentor and coach our clients in user-centred thinking, up-skilling their teams and leaving a legacy of knowledge
- Help to drive innovation in our ways of working
- Be proactive in projecting cxpartners’ value into our clients, their industries and the wider experience design community
- More than three years’ experience in a digital industry, ideally in a UX or creative agency
- Experience of working within a cross-disciplinary team
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX methodology and practices
- The ability to run user research (both quantitative and qualitative) independently
- Experience with each stage of product/service design development and delivery
- Create ‘design experiments’ to test concepts in a range of fidelities
- To be used to working in a ‘lean’ way, and be familiar with agile methodologies
- Be confident building design systems
- Be proficient in research/design/prototyping methods and processes
- Understand and apply elements of the Service Design process
- A level of natural authority to help you lead your teams and to ensure clients listen to you, and people respond to you
- Emotional intelligence and an understanding of how to build strong, collaborative relationships
- To be happy to travel to our other office from time to time, and to work on-site with clients if and when that is needed. You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad
- The right to live and work in the UK
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)