- Location: Bristol based (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £35,000 – £50,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don’t delay your application, as the role may close without notice
This position is within our Digital Government ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini business units.
The digital government pod is made up of people who want to create better services for citizens, patients, anyone who interacts with public sector services. We do this through providing expertise in user centred design methodologies from strategic service design and digitising paper-based services to driving policy and organisational change through evidence-based decision-making.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic, in our approach and are outcome-driven.
We’re currently working with the NHS, Department for Health and Social Care and Department for Transport and many others across health, central government and local government with a commitment to providing end-to-end service design to solve whole problems for users. We’re confident in delivering measurable outcomes from before Discovery to after Live through expertise, passion, collaboration and open working.
cxpartners is a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
Project Management is central to the successful operation of cxpartners. Our Senior Project Managers are key figures in our ‘pods’, and help to ensure that the pod runs well and that projects are delivered successfully.
You’ll report to the Pod’s Programme Director.
Collaboration and teamwork are key in this role. We’ll want you to have great soft skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
We value people who show an interest in user-centred design, a passion for managing digital projects, strong attention to detail, and great written and spoken communication skills. We look for these qualities in how they present their work, and how they talk about their previous roles.
We’re looking for someone who has wonderful client facing skills as well as great delivery experience. You’ll be in day-to-day contact with a number of our clients, and will help our Client Services team to develop relationships with existing clients, and build projects into programmes of work.
Your specific objectives will be to:
- Deliver your assigned projects on time and to budget, or manage by exception when required. We’ll judge your success by comparing the actual profitability of your projects to their projected profitability, and their final delivery date to their projected date (although we know that things change and there’s always a story to tell alongside the figures!)
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You’ll do this by organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and wash-up meetings, and by setting up and managing clear client communication lines.
Most importantly, you’ll do this by building strong and supportive relationships with the cxpartners team and your clients. We’ll be looking to see that you demonstrate a good manner; that you are thoughtful, measured, persuasive, good at listening, and extremely well-organised.
- Work independently and balance multiple projects and processes across both your main programme, account development opportunities and other smaller projects, taking responsibility for the ‘golden triangle’ of time, quality and profit.
- Closely manage the financial aspects of your projects. Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting, liaising closely with the Programme Director, the pod, the finance team and the wider delivery team.
- Support detailed scoping of projects and new business opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects, and troubleshoot issues quickly and with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately. Be confident presenting at meetings and workshops, for example, facilitating stakeholder workshops where appropriate.
- Manage and plan resources for your projects, balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team and Pod.
- In time, we’ll ask you to act as line manager to more junior Project Managers, and be responsible for freelance Project Managers.
- More than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency. Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team in an agile way.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of project management methodology and practices.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written) – the ability to listen and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
- A quiet ‘natural authority’ with your team and clients that ensures you are listened to and people respond when appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The right to live and work in the UK.
Some relevant Project Management training (Scrum Master, for example) would be an advantage; but we’ll provide this if you don’t already have it.
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- ‘Remote first’ working model (with offices in London and Bristol available for team meetings and social events)
- Flexible working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with Simply Health
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com a brief CV and covering letter.