Bristol Pride is an annual LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans) festival which takes place across 2 weeks in July and celebrates the LGBT+ community through cultural and artistic events, culminating in a protest march through Bristol City Center and a free outdoor community focused music and arts festival.
Queer Vision is our LGBT+ Film Festival that takes place as part of the 2 weeks of events. Through our curation, we focus on widening engagement and increasing screening opportunities of, and for, LGBT+ films and filmmakers. After BFI stopped touring the annual LGBT+ film festival, we saw an opportunity to host our own and since then Queer Vision has grown. We now hold regular events and activities, our festival during Pride and we partner with national releases of LGBT+ films throughout the year.
Working alongside the Pride team you’ll play a vital role in producing the Queer Vision festival programme, supporting the festivals day to day running as well as using your creative flair to create and programme engaging content to reach our audiences. This role has scope to develop and expand to suit your experience and passion, whilst still delivering the core duties.
Full details are in the Attached Job Specification.
What we look for in you:
- Passion for Queer Film
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Experience working for a charity or NFO would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are an absolute must-have
- The ability to develop and nurture strong and effective relationships with partners and venues
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Creative approach to producing events and film selection
- Flexible, with the ability to prioritise work, time manage and adapt to changing situations
- An in depth understanding of the LGBT+ community, its diversity and the challenges and opportunities that exist within it.
- The period around and in the lead up to the festival may require additional hours and can be stressful at times and fast paced.
- Freelance contract, January – September.
- 68 days at £160 per day
- You must provide your own computer to work on.
- Office space is available in the centre of Bristol if you wish to use it.