Who are BrandPointZero?
We’re a creative communications agency. We work with employers who want to foster an inclusive workplace, empowering them to attract and retain great talent by bringing their company culture to life in an engaging, sustainable way.
The work we do
BPZ provide communications support across all touchpoints of the employee lifecycle. From employer brand and culture, through to talent attraction, employee engagement and internal comms. The creative work we produce is interesting, varied and has a genuinely positive impact on the lives of employees and society.
Knowing that you’re using your creative brain to enable positive change and help global businesses do the right thing, is why people join BPZ. Knowing that you’re in a tight-knit team of lovely people who care as much as you do, is why people stay
The role: is to uphold the creative vision and output for the PointZero companies by bringing our clients’ brands to life and telling their stories through animation, sound and film.
- Bringing fresh, bold thinking to all your projects, ensuring we’re producing creatively exciting ‘work that works’ for our clients, approaching every project in the studio with enthusiasm and creative vigour.
- Knowing instinctively how to tell a brand’s story across all types of motion and film, from talking head interviews to emotive campaigns
- Working with the creative team to incorporate motion thinking into early concept development
- Animating in a variety of styles – from character-based to typographic to abstract, able to brief designers and illustrators on the visual assets you’ll need to make the work sing.
- Using music and sound to drive emotion and excitement in your work
- Creating detailed storyboards and treatments and sourcing stock to turn a narrative into a compelling story and work out the footage required to bring it to life.
- Planning, filming, and leading on shoots – making artistic and technical decisions based on your vision for lighting, camera coverage, style, and location and supporting the project manager to source the right equipment and production crew when required.
- Dynamic, fast paced video editing across a range of assets. From high impact short and longform brand/mood films, to social first digital content for multiple platforms.
- Leading all aspects of post-production from editing to grading and VFX.
- Overseeing freelancers and partners to ensure their attention to detail is high and there is a high level of craft in their execution.
- Being the checks and balances to ensure everything that goes out the door is the best
it can be, obsessive about the details that make the difference between good and great, and ensuring standards remain high, even under pressure.
- Setting the standard for archiving including organising footage after shoots.
- Managing your time to work on multiple projects simultaneously, working with the project team to plan in projects (delegating work when required) and asking the right questions upfront to ensure you meet client deadlines and budgets.
- Ensuring that external resources are being used in the right way and each project gets the right combination of skills to deliver on the brief and delight our clients.
- Curating a black book of talented partners and specialists to supplement the team when required and not being afraid to bring in specialist skills to improve the quality and polish of the work when needed.
- Ensuring all marketing assets, award entries and collateral are reflective of the great work we produce and that we ooze creative excellence to the outside world.
- Ownership of the BPZ Vimeo channel and editing social-first digital content designed to perform well across multiple social media platforms.
Min 3 years as film / motion designer, agency or client-side. Highly skilled in Premiere Pro, After Effects and Adobe CS (Da Vinci editing skills and Cinema 4D beneficial but not essential)
Why work with us?
We’re a friendly collective of award-winning marketing and communications professionals, driven by creating interesting and challenging work and having fun along the way – with no room for overblown process or ego.
From our sunny Whiteladies Road studio, we help brands like Dr Martens, NatWest Group, Zurich, Toyota & V&A flourish – and we do it by being collaborative, courageous, and straight talking (with our clients and each other).
We offer all the usual perks including gym membership, private healthcare, a decent pension and training allowance. We operate a fully hybrid policy – you can work from home a couple of days a week as long as you’re in the studio more than not, and we’re pretty flexible on your working day – as long as we do a good job, then we’re pretty relaxed about how we get there.