Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm
Start date: ASAP
We’ve worked with well-known national brands, startups and exciting challenger brands. Over the last 33 years, we have really come to understand what drives a successful brand, it’s at the heart of everything we do.
Although we are currently all working from home, we are usually based at the historic Royal William Yard on the outskirts of Plymouth city centre.
We work on a wide variety of websites from the complex to the simply beautiful. Our clients include Higgidy, Jake & Nayns’, National Marine Aquarium, Ocean Conservation Trust, Foot Anstey, City College Plymouth, City of Bristol College, Rowcroft Hospice, Samworth Brothers, Ginsters amongst others. To see some of our case studies please visit bluestone360.co.uk.
Our current team is made up of Account Managers, Graphic Designers, Developers, and Administrators who all contribute to making Bluestone360 a positive and friendly working environment.
As an experienced developer, you will be responsible for developing and leading in the innovation of Bluestone360’s digital offering.
You will work closely with account managers, designers, and the development team to create bespoke and innovative websites and digital products.
This role requires a unique individual with a passion for technology, learning, and making things work. You will need to work to tight deadlines, have strong attention to detail, and have a willingness to collaborate with the team.
You must be able to showcase your previous work, outlining the complexities you have encountered and how you have solved them.
- Development of custom WordPress websites
- Contribute to technical discussions for internal and client-facing meetings
- Produce proposals, pitch presentations, response documents, website critiques and quotes
- Develop functional specifications, sitemaps, timelines and wireframes
- Provide technical support, resolving bugs and issues
- To collaborate and communicate effectively with other developers, designers, account managers and clients.
- To provide creative input and find solutions
- Attend key meetings as part of the bluestone360 team, being confident in presenting to clients
- Bring new ideas to the department and assist in the development of the business
Skills and qualities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate technical concepts both in the written word and verbally
- Ability to problem solve
- Deadline focused
- Have an eye for what looks aesthetically pleasing
- An awareness of current/upcoming digital techniques and design trends
- Work from initiative and prioritize work loads
- Custom WordPress development
- Front end technologies:
- Semantic HTML5 (including knowledge of WCAG Accessibility)
- Responsive mobile-first CSS / SCSS (we use SCSS)
- Strong PHP
- mySQL, phpmyadmin
- Composer / Bedrock
- Gulp / npm
- WordPress CLI
- Familiarity with GITHUB
- Cross browser testing
- Understanding of technical /engagement SEO
- Understanding of hosting, DNS configuration, Cloudflare
We are moving towards Gutenberg block development and hopefully in the future headless WordPress using React. Experience with these concepts and the ability to bring your knowledge into our existing team would be highly advantageous.