Atomic Smash is a growing WordPress & WooCommerce studio with an office in central Bristol. We help our clients achieve their goals through the constant evolution and improvement of their platforms.
In this role, you will be working closely with another member of the support team to keep on top of WordPress maintenance and support tickets. The successful candidate is expected to have a number of live examples WordPress sites to talk through during the interview process, preferably these would include some form of complex functionality.
As well as maintaining WordPress-driven sites there is also scope for learning new technologies and expanding your skillset further. We want our team members to be constantly learning and therefore we always have internal projects which push our skills. We are also always on the lookout for conferences/talks for team members to attend.
We are looking for candidates that live less than 100 miles from Bristol city centre. When it comes to using the office space, the current expectation is that for 1 day a month we have a team day. This is when the team you are working with (usually 3-4 people) come into the office to use the space and collaborate. For this single day, Atomic Smash is willing to cover the costs of travel for anyone living more than 40 miles from Bristol City centre.
The rest of the time you can choose to work from home or use the office for hot desking.
Fully-remote applications or anyone outside of the UK will not be reviewed.
Recent projects include:
- Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Elizabeth Shaw
- Haseltine Lake Kempner
- Oxygen Freejumping
- Spike Island
- SS Great Britain
- The Grand Appeal
- Bristol Pride
- Positive News
- Whitechapel Gallery London
- 38 degrees
- Bristol ideas
- Studio Voltaire & House of Voltaire
Skill Set required form the candidate:
- Deep understanding of WordPress and WooCommerce
- Amazing communication skills and the ability to work as part of team and comfortable communicating directly with clients
- Advanced HTML / CSS / SASS knowledge
- Advanced PHP knowledge
- Excellent understanding of how web servers work and how to deploy code
- Good organisational skills
- DNS knowledge and know how domains work
A typical day for the candidate and their accountability
- Communicating with clients to make sure their support issues can be resolved.
- Monitoring our bug tracking system and responding to issues in a timely manner.
- Keeping sites up to date with WP core and plugin updates and resolving any update conflicts.
- Being able to respond to server issues and hosting questions.
- Helping provision and deploy new web projects. You should be able to handle all server and domain related questions yourself.
- Supporting the development team to help improve local development environment improvements and helping their rollout.
- 28 days holiday per year, including bank holidays – plus additional studio closure over the festive period
- Flexible daily start and end times
- Dedicated learning and development time (1.5 days per month) with a cash budget
- Very friendly working culture with regular social activities for those who want to join
- Bristol-based office space available for occasional use
- Access to a creative space for work and play
- Secure bike parking and showers at the office
- Budget for home office setup that you can spend how you like
- Thank you budget for showing appreciation to your colleagues
- Workplace pension
- Life insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Access to unlimited external professional coaching
- Family-friendly workplace culture