Atomic Smash is a growing WordPress & WooCommerce studio with an office in central Bristol. We help our clients achieve their goals through the constant evolution and improvement of their platforms.
We are looking for an experienced, personable project manager to see large website projects through from ideation to launch. They need to know website delivery inside out and have seen a number of large website projects from end to end.
You’ll be ultimately responsible for these projects running through the studio, with support from the rest of the project team and the Ops Director.
In this role, you will be working closely with other members of the projects team to help us complete two project types:
- Brand new site builds for clients that are starting a relationship with Atomic Smash
- Existing clients that need a chunk of new functionality added to their existingplatform.
This role is full-time, Core office hours are 10 – 4. We are looking for candidates that live less than 100 miles from Bristol city centre. When it comes to using the office space, the current expectation is that for 1 day a month we have a team day. This is when the team you are working with (usually 3-4 people) come into the office to use the space and collaborate. For this single day, Atomic Smash is willing to cover the costs of travel for anyone living more than 40 miles from Bristol City centre.
The rest of the time you can choose to work from home or use the office for hot desking. Fully-remote applications or anyone outside of the UK will not be reviewed.
As well as managing WordPress-driven projects there is also scope for learning new technologies and expanding your skillset further. We want our team members to be constantly learning and therefore we always have internal projects which push our skills. We are also always on the lookout for conferences/talks for team members to attend.
Recent projects include:
- Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Elizabeth Shaw
- Haseltine Lake Kempner
- Oxygen Freejumping
- Spike Island
- SS Great Britain
- The Grand Appeal
- Bristol Pride
- Positive News
- Whitechapel Gallery London
- 38 degrees
- Bristol ideas
- Studio Voltaire & House of Voltaire
- Actively manage the department finances, ensuring that work is to budget and any potential for budgetary discrepancies are proactively addressed
- Report weekly to OPs director on progress and KPIs
- The projects team members are using their time effectively and all time is tracked
- Improving Project Processes / Systems
- Our clients feel up to date with all work for the month
- Department-wide client satisfaction
- Ensure all work is within budgets & estimates
- Identifying areas for account development and growth strategies
- On-boarding process Improvements for Staff and Clients
- Provide content marketing team with compelling examples of recent work
- Report to the board about department health
- There may be a requirement to manage external delivery partners in rare instances
- 28 days of holiday per year, including bank holidays
- Flexible daily start and end times
- Dedicated learning and development time (1.5 days per month) with a cash budget
- Very friendly working culture with regular social activities for those who want to join
- Bristol-based office space available for occasional use
- Access to a creative space for work and play
- Secure bike parking and showers at the office
- Budget for home office setup that you can spend how you like
- Thank you budget for showing appreciation to your colleagues
- Workplace pension
- Life insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Access to unlimited external professional coaching
- Family-friendly workplace culture