We’re an award-winning, integrated brand communications agency. Privately owned, proudly independent.
We work with clients we believe in, to help them grow and connect with their audiences. They range from festivals to kitchenware, natural dog food to pet care, confectionery, sports apparel, health and wellbeing to charities, and many more. Being an independent agency means we can pick and choose the brands we want to work with.
Being based in the South West, we have space to think and room to grow. Our office is based in Bath, and we have strong connections to Bristol, plus our clients are based everywhere. We are often on the train to London, flying up north, in the car heading to Wales, or down South taking in the Cornish air.
We work in an open plan and vibrant office, where knowledge is shared and successes celebrated. We are in the new workshops in Beehive Yard, just off Walcot Street, which is full of creative independent shops. So we feel the space is perfect for us.
We have undergone a fantastic new office refurb this year, and as well as a bright and socially distanced friendly environment to work we are now offering flexible working arrangements -3 days in the office and 2 days home working as well as flexible start and end times.
We’ve won a few awards too, and every creative brief we write, we ensure the outputs are award-winning, so we can enter more!
Number 1 Brand Strategy Agency Winner 2020
(under 40 staff) by The Drum Recommends.
Number 1 Advertising Agency Winner 2019
(under 40 staff) by The Drum Recommends.
The senior Account Manager role sits within our Client Services team. The team is headed up by our Client Services Director and consists of another Senior Account Manager, Account Manager and Marketing Executive.
As we enter 2021, we are speaking with lots of brands who are shifting their focus to more digital channels. This role will be to pick up and lead our new accounts, as well as supporting on some of the agency’s larger integrated accounts.
The role will report directly into the Client Services Director, and will work closely with our very capable Account Manager, supporting and mentoring them as a more junior member of the team.
We are looking for someone who can come in and hit the ground running. Someone who knows the typical agency processes second nature, but can bring their own skills and expertise to the table, and proactively improve any of our services or processes.
A strong digital background is a must, across advertising campaigns, as well as organic social media, and know how the two link together. Website experience is a bonus too, preferably you will have managed a couple of website projects, from scoping through to creative and development, and have a sound understanding of SEO.
The Client Services team is at the forefront of the agency, so being able to quickly build a great rapport with clients, and strong working relationships with the team, is important.
As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for scoping, planning and delivering client projects on time and within budget. You will instinctively know when there will be scope creep and will know how to manage clients accordingly, or when to escalate to the Client Services Director.
You will be a consultative interface between your clients and the internal agency departments. As a marketing professional, you will be able to give advice and opinions on recommendations or suggestions, from either us or the client.
You will be the brand guardian for your clients, ensuring information is transferred and translated, clearly and effectively into the agency. You will also be able to challenge or guide clients in a strategic manner.
As a member of the AUK Client Services team, you will be required to:
- Be a welcoming face/voice of the agency when dealing with clients or suppliers on the phone, and when they visit the agency
- Establish and build honest relationships with our clients, based on trust and transparency
- Understand AUK’s project delivery process and follow the internal approval procedure
- Have excellent project management skills, be efficient, proactive and commercially aware
- Build strong relationships with your colleagues and positively contribute to agency life
- Produce accurate timing plans, containing the right level of resource required, and ensure its booked in with our Studio Manager
- Write compelling and inspirational briefs for the creative team, and have these approved by senior colleagues beforehand if required
- Ensure creative outputs are reviewed against briefs, seen by senior colleagues and approved before sharing with clients
- Update status reports and lead client status calls, and follow-up with clear notes and actions
- Write contact reports following strategic client meetings, so key conversations are documented
- Raise accurate time estimates and quotes, and have these approved by senior colleagues where appropriate before sending to clients
- Monitor the financial status of projects, ensuring profitability and flagging scope creep
- Compile background information on competitors or market insights as requested by the planning team
Must have x 4 years experience in an integrated/brand communications agency
Degree or equivalent (within a marketing discipline an advantage)
Experience working with clients from the following sectors – FMCG, Retail, Consumer Health
- 23 days holiday
- AXA PPP Healthcare insurance
- Flexible office/home working – 3 days in office minimum.
- Flexible start and end times
- £250 annual personal training budget
- Employee pension scheme